Wednesday 31 March 2010

Happy Birthday


Four years ago today we were embarking on the start of our parenting journey.  Sitting in our living room in our flat in East London, where we lived at the time, we sat and stared at this little bundle without a clue about what to do and the most overwhelming feeling of responsibility hanging over us.

Today though, four years on, we still don't have a clue but we do cluelessness with confidence and finesse! It has been a lovely day of fun and games, presents and cake, balloons and dancing.


Our little girl is suddenly 4, about to head off to school and take on a small part of the world on her own.  Our clever, funny, kind, caring, bright little girl is growing up.



Although we are still a few years away from teenage tantrums yet!


She loved the gifts I made her - the pink ripple blanket (made using the neat ripple pattern from Attic24)...


And her own pink patchwork dog (made using the pattern from DS quilts, though slightly modified)...




 
I really love making these little dogs, I hand-sew them so they are perfect for cosy evenings on the sofa in front of the telly.  It's lovely to be able to choose the fabrics to suit the person you are making the dog for.  Needless to say this one had to have an abundance of pink!
 
 
Our big girl is now snoring away cuddling her bears, I just can't believe in just a few months her limbs will be even longer, her personality even stronger (hard to imagine it being stronger than it already is!) and her pre-school years behind her. 
 
For the next five or six months though she is still my little girl...in fact she always will be :)
 
Happy birthday Lillipops!
 
xx

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday wishes to your little girl.They grow up so quickly don't they?
    Love the blanket and the little patchwork dog...really cute!

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter, sounds like you had a lovely day. Love her handmade presents.
    They do change so quick and don't they so quickly become their own person!
    Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I got a little choked up reading that. My little girl is almost three, and she's just growing up so fast. It's so exciting to watch her reach each new step on the journey, but I feel like I have to hang on to each moment before it passes me by!

    Happy birthday to your sweet little girl. Hope she loves her lots of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, nice to meet you! I cam over from LottieLoves with the promise of gorgeous photos and I've not been disappointed.

    It's lovely over here!

    Also....this is totally random but.. I am trying to get that exact colour of icing for my friend's baby shower!! What combination id you use?? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you know what? I'm an idiot.... I've been stalking you for months!!! haha I already loved your blog before- Guess I missed the last few posts- I've been Spring Cleaning!!!! The dust must have gone to my head x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday to your little one and such gorgeous homemade goodies.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, what a sweet post, and lovely pressies for your girly girl - all of four years old!

    The blanket and dog turned out beautifully (and I love the dog's pagoda bum!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)